Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Disconnected

There is nothing more depressing than reading blogs about the lives of your friends when you're stuck in a place with limited connection to the outside world. More and more I make the distinction between 'Camp' and 'Home', as if I'm living two different lives that have absolutely no connection with each other.

I don't even know why I do this. None of my camp friends know any of my friends from outside, (the one time I met up with camp people for an outing was a LAN session, which of course involved less interaction with people and more interaction with Gondar), and vice versa. I am also a completely different person inside camp. Can't really explain this but you might get what I mean.

Heh. Sounds kinda stupid, but two of the blogs I just read had pictures of the sky, and I suddenly had this feeling of a prisoner who only gets to see the sky in pictures from the outside world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a sky above you too, marcus.. just look up!

-sophia

Moca said...

The western sky is depressing.

Anonymous said...

everything looks depressing to depressed eyes.

-sophia

Moca said...

You are, after all, what you see.

Anonymous said...

:P

not really. you also see what you are.

-sophia

Moca said...

That... is rather omninous.

Sarah said...

You know, saying you are what you see is actually Biblical. Sermon message a few years ago.

Moca said...

I was actually quoting from your msn nick, but yea. That makes me look better. Heh.