Sunday, January 4, 2009

Seven

I watched Seven Pounds today. Maybe I was tired and overly emotional but it had quite a large impact on me. The whole... wanting to make people's lives better in some way. Coupled with the Heroes episodes I've been spamming over the last couple of days. I used to be like that, a long time ago. Or what seems like a long time ago.

Or was I?

The problem with altruism is that it's so easy to find an ulterior motive for every act of kindness you do. Whether it's to elevate other's opinion of you, or that 'feel-good' emotion you get, or just to get some chick to think you're a genuinely nice guy, all these could be used as reasons for all things good. I suppose that's what the Devil wants you to think, but then again he can't tell you which one it really is either.

1 comment:

Moca said...

Zomg. Post-specific comments.